Started from the bottom, now we here! It’s amazing to look back on the career trajectories of our long-time, or even not-so-long-time, employees. Here are a few examples of where a job at DSquared might lead:
- Elaine Chow started as a server in 2019 After she fell in love with the food, people, and company (and we fell in love with her bright personality and work ethic), she joined our office team as an Event Producer in 2020 and is now a full-fledged Event Manager in 2021.
- Kevin Ledbetter's family has worked for DSquared since the very start of the company in 1986! In 2014, Kevin joined the team as a server and bartender, then became a supervisor for our concessions at Benaroya Hall in 2016, and has been building creative solutions for our events as our Warehouse Manager since 2017.
- Robert Sanders joined the team as a Dishwasher/Steward in 2017. We now rely on his consistency and easy-going personality as a full-time cook in our kitchen.
- Stephanie Lau went from Event Assistant in 2016 to Event Manager in 2017, and then to Senior Event Manger in 2020. She now uses her extensive experience and familiarity with our company to streamline our systems as our Sales Operations Manager!
- Desiree Jones - I started here in 2015 – a full 6 years ago – as the Event & Admin Assistant. As DSquared continued to expand, our marketing needs grew and I took on more of the management of our online presence and overall brand, first as an Assistant Office Manager in 2017, and finally as our Marketing Communications Specialist in 2019.
- Saving the best for last… perhaps one of the most well-rounded members of our team is Nick Webber (pictured above), who started as a server in 2007 (back when our operations were still inside the Hall at Fauntleroy!), also working in the house team, and later transitioning into the kitchen full-time. After an injury limited his ability to work on his feet, he began organizing our kitchen production digitally - becoming an integral part of our culinary management team as one of our Sous Chefs. This year, we are excited to congratulate Nick on his further promotion to Executive Sous Chef! As DSquared has expanded into multiple kitchens, we will rely on Nick's leadership and organizational skills to coordinate and collaborate with our multiple culinary teams.
We are fortunate to be both a small enough, AND large enough, company to be able to create new positions to support both our company structure and employee growth.
Interested in joining the world of hospitality? We have a new CAREERS page on our website where you can view all of our current job postings!
Last two photos by Diwas Photography.
Written October 2021