event protocol - updated 7/29/20
Our July 15th Event Protocol remains in effect with the exception of the new restrictions added last week. Gov. Jay Inslee's changes to Washington's “Safe Start" phased reopening affect weddings & funerals in the following ways:
- No receptions will be allowed until once again deemed safe by the office of the governor.
- Ceremonies are allowed to take place as long as they adhere to current guidance, for all phases, with maximum indoor occupancy at 20%, or up to 30 people, whichever is less, as long as social distancing can be observed.
The changes will take effect on Aug. 6, providing a grace period for weddings and funerals previously scheduled to take place or readjust their plans. Accordingly, our 2020 wedding packages are no longer available; however, you may still contact us to inquire about available dates for a ceremony-only wedding in 2020, or a wedding reception in 2021.
event protocol - updated 7/15/20
Our goal is to provide a Guest First experience while taking all necessary steps to ensure a safe and comfortable environment for our guests and staff. We will be enacting appropriate safety measures in compliance with CDC, OSHA and WA Department of Health guidelines. The purpose of these policies are to avoid exposure or transmission of COVDV-19 at our facilities, venues, and to our staff at off-site events. These policies will continue to be practiced as instructed by the relevant institutions listed above.
Download as PDF
- All staff, vendors and guests will have their temperature taken before the event (we will provide a contactless thermometer). Any individual with a temperature at or above 100.4°F will not be permitted to attend or work at the event. Any individual with a household member who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or with symptoms of COVID-19(including a fever above 100.4°F) may not attend or work at your event.
- Guest list of all attendees and vendors must be provided to account for all persons on site at your event. This allows for contact tracing if exposure were to occur.
- All events will be limited to 50 guests until further notice.
- All staff, vendors, and guests in attendance must wear face coverings while onsite, except while eating or drinking.
- No self-service food or beverage stations will be allowed at events until further notice.
- Either plated dinners or served buffets, with plates composed by our staff with direction from the guest, will be encouraged.
- All guests must adhere to physical distancing requirements and have six feet of space between the ceremony seats, dinner tables, and dancing or have physical barriers between them. Members of the same household may be seated together as a single unit up to 5 guests.
- Frequent hand washing and/or sanitation is requested of all guests and required for all service staff.
- DSquared will be disinfecting high touch surfaces throughout the event to include, but not limited to, all bar stations, kitchen surfaces, doorknobs, handrails & restrooms.
- No more than one person at a time are allowed in a restroom (2 people if the other is dependent and part of the same household).Individuals waiting to use the restroom must maintain at least 6 feet of distance between each person.
- DSquared will have a COVID-19 Safety Manager. Their responsibilities include, but are not limited to, taking guests’ temperature at the door, communicating with our Lead Server if any supplies are low during the event, and ensuring high touch surfaces are frequently sanitized.
- Event costs may shift to accommodate additional staff for safety reasons or additional rentals to comply with socially distanced layouts.
DSquared Hospitality Company update - 5/11/20
Our Leadership team continues to collaborate remotely through Zoom and other technologies to roll out our new Family Meal program. Meanwhile, our events team is working with our clients remotely to virtually tour venues, re-schedule dates and book future events. Our work plan continues to change as we move through our state's Covid-19 phased re-opening plan.
The safety of our guests and employees has always been a top priority for DSquared! In response to Covid-19 we have increased our standard safety and sanitation practices to comply with the current CDC’s recommendations.
- Staff temperature checks and health screenings will be completed before entering all facilities.
- Disposable masks and gloves will be provided and required to be worn at all times.
- We will be limiting the number of staff working and marking work stations to ensure social distancing.
- Increasing frequency of cleaning and sanitation of all surfaces in our kitchen and facilities.
We will continue to monitor recommendations from the WHO and CDC, so remain up-to-date on the latest information and safety protocols.
Update - 4/2/2020:
Due to the Governor's Stay home, Stay Healthy order our restaurants inside Benaroya Hall, Muse and David & Co, will be closed along with the entire facility through the end of the order.
While we wait out the effects of COVID 19, you can still reach us for general questions, information on our venues, and to plan a future event. Give us a call at our usual phone number: 206-932-1059.
- For information about The Hall at Fauntleroy, dial extension 308.
- For information about Melrose Market Studios, dial extension 324.
- To plan a catered event at any other location, dial extension 321.
For general questions about DSquared Hospitality or urgent concerns, you can reach Reed Haggerty at extension 314.
You can also continue to contact us via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
DSquared Hospitality Company policies during COVID 19:
As food service industry veterans, we already have firm practices in place to ensure the safety of our guests and staff. At this time, we are pro-actively taking extra precautions to ensure our workplaces and teams are healthy and hygienic.
Kitchens & Offices:
- Workstations are being washed and disinfected every hour, at minimum.
- Hand washing stations are maintained and accessible for all employees.
- Hand-sanitizing dispensers are mounted around our facility for easy access for all employees.
- Door knobs, desks, company vehicles, light switches, etc. are being sanitized regularly.
Events & Venues:
- Gloves are worn by our culinary and service staff at events, with strict hand-washing policies maintained.
- Hand sanitizer and additional hand-washing stations are being sent out to every event.
- Door knobs, light switches, etc. are being regularly sanitized at The Hall at Fauntleroy and Melrose Market Studios.
- Any employees who are sick, or starting to feel sick, will be sent home immediately and remain home for 48 hours after symptoms end.
- We are regularly reminding all employees of best practices for staying healthy.
We will be adapting and combining these practices with new precautions suggested by the CDC and the state health department as the safety of our guests and employees is always our top priority.
Please contact us with any concerns or questions:
Chief Operating Officer