- Salt and Pepper
- Linen napkins
- Table Numbers and stands
- BB Plates
- Coffee Cups
- Cream and Sugar
- Table Linen
Table Service Set Up Instructions
Always review your event notes for specific table setting instructions. Also use the mock table setup as a guide for how all guests tables are to be set. Your lead should setup a mock table at the beginning of the event setup to assist you.
- Legs on table to all face same way. Lead will determine the 12:00 for this.
Crease should all face the same way, 12:00-6:00. Lead will determine this.
Linens should hang evenly on each side of table and fit tables as
- 48” round table = 108” round linen
- 54” round table = 108” round linen
- 60” round table = 120” round linen
- 72” round table = 132” round linen
- 6’ or 8’ buffet table = 2-3 85” x 85” linen
- 54” x 120” linens used for silent auction tables
- First chair should be at 12:00, second at 6:00, third at 3:00 and fourth at 9:00. Fill in other chairs from there. Will need to adjust for 10 tops
- Chairs should just touch the linen; do not push chairs in.
- Place with width equal to the seat of the chair. Think “square to the chair”.
- One person should set up one type of utensil, following each other around the table.
- Ensure each piece placed on the table has been detailed and is free of spots and smudges.
- Use a service linen for detailing flatware and not a bar towel.
- Utensil closest to plate should be 1 inch of the edge of the table
- Knifes should have blade facing in
Place right side up with handle at 5:00
Salt and pepper
- Place directly in front of the lead chair (12:00) salt on right, pepper on left
- Make sure they are full
- Salt and pepper should never be separated
Sugar and Creamer
- Sugar and Creamer: Placed opposite of the salt and pepper
- Creamer: Handle should be at 3:00 to the person it is placed in front of
NOTE: Cream and sugar are usually placed prior to dessert or for coffee service. Placement is based on the available table space at that point.
Napkin and Centerpiece
Napkin: Fold based on event notes, same with placement
Bread and Butter Plate
Refer to event notes and mock table
Water & Wine Glasses
- Water glass: Place above entrée knife
- Wine glasses: Placed to the right of the water glass
Soup and Dessert Utensils
- Soup Spoon: Located to the right of the knife(s)
- Dessert Spoon and Fork: Placed above the plate location, spoon on top
Final Table Setup
- Make sure the table is set up correctly and uniform with all other tables
- Think about seeing the tables as the guest would see them
- Look over all place settings and detail them